Tel: USA: 1-800-886-7379
Tel: China: +86-21-63757266
- Green Sand Casting
The green sand is basically a wet mixture of sand and clay, no chemical is added. The sand mold is squeezed together and holds its shape. This forms a "green" mold which must be dried to receive the hot metal...
- Resin Bonded Sand Casting
The chemical bond sand consists of sand and synthetic binders cured thermally or chemically. Four casting process for choice, green sand casting, resin sand casting, shell casting and lost foam casting, The difference focus on tolerance grade, surface finish...
- Shell Mold Casting
Shell mold casting process offers better surface finish, better dimensional tolerances, and higher throughput due to reduced cycle times. The materials that can be used with this process are cast irons, and aluminum and copper alloys...
Sand casting is used to produce a wide variety of metal components with complex geometries. These parts can vary greatly in size and weight, ranging from a couple ounces to several tons. Some smaller sand cast parts include components as gears, pulleys, crankshafts, connecting rods, and propellers. Larger applications include housings for large equipment and heavy machine bases. Sand casting is also common in producing automobile components, such as engine blocks, engine manifolds, cylinder heads, and transmission cases.
We support 3 kinds of sand casting techniques:
1. Green Sand Casting
2. Resin-bond Sand Casting
3. Shell Mold Casting
The casting materials we work with include:
1. Gray Iron
2. Ductile Iron
3. S.G. Iron
Advantages of Sand casting (Sand Molded Casting):
1. Can produce very large parts
2. Can form complex shapes
3. Many material options
4. Low tooling and equipment cost
5. Short lead time possible
Shanghai Sourcing adds value in the process through:
(1) Fluent technical communication in English. In our experience, most foundries in China need a lot of help in this area.
(2) We provide an extra layer of quality control for you. For example, we run independent chemical composition and mechanical strength analysis.
(3) We also have CNC machining expertise/ resources that many foundries lack.